Looking for a delicious and healthy summertime meal? Try Cold Fusilli Pasta with Summer Vegetables and Chickpeas!
This dish is packed with nutritious ingredients like fresh vegetables, chickpeas, and whole wheat pasta. It’s perfect for a light lunch or dinner, and can be easily made ahead of time. Best of all, it’s utterly delicious.
This dish is packed with nutritious ingredients like summer vegetables, chickpeas, and gluten-free fusilli pasta. Plus, it’s tossed in a light balsamic and olive oil dressing for a healthy and flavorful meal.
Our Cold Fusilli Pasta with Summer Vegetables and Chickpeas is a great option for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Simply cook the pasta according to the package directions, then add in the vegetables and chickpeas. Toss with the light olive oil dressing and serve. This dish is also perfect for entertaining, as it can be made ahead of time.
- 8 oz fusilli, gluten free
- 2 cup cherry tomato
- 1 red bell pepper rinsed and sliced in pieces ¼ inch wide by 2 inches long
- 0.5 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini rinsed and shredded fine
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh basil rinsed, dried, and cut into thin strips
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.125 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add gluten free fusilli pasta, and cook according to package directions for the shortest recommended time, about 8–9 minutes. Drain. Rinse pasta under cold running water to cool, about 3 minutes.
- Place all the vegetables and beans in a large salad serving bowl. Season with basil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooled pasta.
- Combine olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Mix until completely blended. Pour over vegetables and pasta. Mix gently until well coated.
- Divide into four equal portions. Top each with 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese.