Looking for a deliciously easy chicken salad recipe? Look no further! This healthy mayo-based chicken salad is super simple to make and packed with flavor.
We’ve swapped out traditional mayonnaise for avocado oil-based mayo to give it a boost of healthy fats, and added in some diced avocado for extra creaminess.
Seasoned with salt, pepper, and a touch of lime juice, this chicken salad is perfect for a quick lunch or light dinner. Serve it on a bed of greens, in a wrap, or on top of your favorite grain bowl.
So, if you’re looking for a healthier alternative to your traditional chicken salad recipe this easy chicken salad recipe can be made in less than 20 minutes.
It’s not only easy to make, best of all it’s healthy for you! So go ahead and enjoy your next chicken salad without any guilt.
- 8 oz chicken thighs
- 1 cup celery
- 0.25 cup red onion
- 2 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
- 4 cups fresh greens
- 1 avocado
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Prepare the chicken either on the stove top or baked in the oven.
- Finely chop the celery, red onions, and avocado.
- Once the chicken is ready chop into small cubes and combine in a large bowl with the vegetables.
- Add in the avocado oil mayo and mix to coat all of the ingredients.
- Add the salt and pepper and give the mixture one last good stir.
- Place the mixed greens at the bottom of a salad bowl and place the chicken salad mixture on top.