- 1 lb tomatillos
- 0.5 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 no chilli finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 0.25 no cilantro leaves chopped
- 4 no tilapia fillets patted dry with a paper towel (any inexpensive white fish can be used)
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F.
To make the tomatillo salsa:
- To prepare the tomatillos, peel back the husk from the smooth green tomatillo Rinse the tomatillos with warm water and cut into quarters.
- Place the husked tomatillos, onion, chilies, garlic, and 1 teaspoon oil in the baking pan, stir well and transfer to the Roast about 20 minutes until the tomatillos are soft and dark green. Set aside to cool.
- Transfer the mixture to the blender; add the salt, lime juice, and cilantro and
To cook the tilapia:
- Place a skillet on the stove over high heat and when it is hot, carefully add 2 teaspoons of Put the tilapia fillets in the pan. Cook about 2–3 minutes on each side, until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer the tilapia to the serving plate and top with generous amounts of Serve right away.