This healthy and filling salad combines delicious grilled tuna, tender baby spinach, and hearty chickpeas. This Grilled Tuna with Baby Spinach Salad with Chickpeas is perfect for a nutrition-rich dinner.
From Grill to Plate: Elevate Your Tuna Game with a Refreshing Baby Spinach Salad and Chickpeas is a meal that will make you want to grill more often. This dish is perfect for summer when you crave something light and refreshing. The grilled tuna adds a smoky flavor to the dish, which pairs perfectly with the cool and crisp baby spinach salad.
The addition of chickpeas makes this dish hearty and filling while still being healthy. This meal is easy to prepare and can be served as a main dish or as a side to other grilled meats. Overall, this dish will impress your guests and elevate your grilling game.
The tuna is full of protein and healthy omega-3 fatty acids, while spinach provides vitamins and minerals. The chickpeas add fiber and a satisfying crunch.
Try something new for dinner tonight! Our Grilled Tuna with Baby Spinach Salad with Chickpeas is healthy and delicious. This dish is perfect for a light summer meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 12 oz tuna steak cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- 15 oz chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 10 oz baby spinach rinsed and dried
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tomato cut to wedges
- 0.125 tsp salt
- 0.125 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat grill pan or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) at high temperature.
- Combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, and oregano, and brush over tuna steaks. Marinate for 5–10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients. (Salad can be made up to 2 hours in advance and refrigerated.)
- Grill or broil tuna on high heat for 3–4 minutes on each side until the flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
- Serve one tuna steak over 1 cup of mixed salad.