Looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for sesame chicken? Look no further! Our simple step-by-step Sesame Chicken Recipe with Peppers and Snow Peas. You will be able to make this tasty dish in no time at all.
The key to our sesame chicken recipe is in the sauce. We’ve used a combination of soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and sesame seeds to create a flavourful and slightly sweet sauce that compliments the chicken perfectly.
The addition of ginger, red bell pepper, and soy sauce gives the dish a nice kick, while the green peppers and snow peas add a lovely crunch.
We recommend serving this sesame chicken recipe with steamed brown rice for a complete meal. Trust us!
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 lb chicken breast fillet cut into strips
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1.5 tsp brown sugar
- 0.25 tsp ground ginger
- 2 green onion sliced
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- Place sesame seeds in a large nonstick skillet; cook for 2 minutes over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Spray the same skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken; cook and stir for about 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Add snow peas and bell peppers; stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes more until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and ginger; add to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve ¾ cup of chicken mixture over ½ cup of brown rice.