This recipe for salmon and shiitake mushroom dish is the perfect way to add some excitement to your weeknight dinner routine.
The succulent salmon fillets are cooked in a fragrant Asian-style broth and served with shiitake mushrooms and a sprinkle of green onions.
This hearty recipe for salmon comes together in just 30 minutes, so you can enjoy a delicious home-cooked dinner without spending hours in the kitchen.
So, if you’re looking for an Asian-inspired dish that is healthy, delicious, and easy to make, look no further than our Salmon and Shiitake Mushroom in an Asian-Style Broth!
- 12 oz. can chicken broth
- 0.5 cup shiitake mushroom only the caps, rinsed and sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 0.25 cup scallion rinsed and chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 12 oz salmon fillet cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- Combine chicken broth, mushroom caps, ginger, scallions, soy sauce, and sesame oil (optional) in a large, shallow sauté pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Add salmon fillets, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook gently over low heat for 4–5 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
- Serve one piece of salmon with ¼ cup of broth.