Immerse yourself in the tantalizing flavors of the Mediterranean with this delicious baked red snapper recipe. The zesty tomato sauce is the perfect complement to the succulent fish, and the entire dish is healthy and low-calorie.
This is a meal that will please your taste buds and your waistline!
So, if you’re looking for a fantastic fish recipe that the whole family will love, look no further than this baked red snapper with zesty tomato sauce!
This healthy and flavorful dish is perfect for a weeknight meal, and it’s sure to become a new favorite in your household.
The red snapper is beautifully baked and it’s topped with a delicious tomato sauce that has just the right amount of zestiness.
Serve this dish with some steamed vegetables or a simple salad, and you’ll have a complete and satisfying meal that everyone will enjoy.
So why not give it a try tonight? You’ll be glad you did!
- 12 oz red snapper fillet cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper rinsed and cut into ¼-inch sticks
- 1 green pepper rinsed and cut into ¼-inch sticks
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley rinsed, dried, and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Rinse fish fillets in cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Coat each fillet with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place fish fillets on a baking sheet, and bake for 25–30 minutes or until fish is white and flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
- For sauce, heat olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add bell peppers, and cook gently until they are still firm, but tender, about 3–5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10–15 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.’Add oregano, basil, and parsley, and simmer for an additional 2–3 minutes. Remove sauce from the heat and set aside.
- When the fish is done (see step 2), remove from the oven.
- Serve each 3-ounce fillet with 1 cup of sauce.