Looking for a delicious grilled turkey burger recipe that’s not dry? This is the one! Packed with flavors you’ll love, this burger will become a new summertime or year-round favorite.
Made with ground turkey, diced onion, garlic, dijon mustard, and seasonings, these burgers are juicy and full of flavor. The secret ingredient is the addition of some sliced scallions to the mix – it really takes them over the top.
A turkey burger is the perfect summertime meal. It’s lean and healthy but still packed with flavor.
This recipe is simple but delicious. The key is to use quality ingredients and to grill the burgers until they’re nice and juicy.
Grilling the burgers gives them a nice char and keeps them nice and moist. Be sure to not overcook the turkey – no one wants a dry burger!
Use ground turkey that has a higher fat content for this recipe. This makes the burgers more flavorful and moist. You can certainly use leaner ground turkey, but your burgers might be a little dry.
Serve on a toasted bun with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- 12 oz ground turkey
- 0.5 cup scallion rinsed and sliced
- 0.25 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 4 oz spinach
- 4 oz portobello mushroom
- 4 gluten free burger buns
- Preheat oven broiler on high temperature (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) or grill on medium-high heat.
- To prepare burgers, combine ground turkey, scallions, pepper, and egg, and mix well. Form into ½- to ¾-inch thick patties, and coat each lightly with olive oil.
- Broil or grill burgers for about 7–9 minutes on each side (to a minimum internal temperature of 160 °F).
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard to make a spread.
- Assemble ¾ tablespoon spread, 1 ounce spinach or arugula, several slices of grilled portabella mushroom (optional), and one burger on each bun.