Looking for a delicious and healthy seafood dish? Look no further than our Braised Cod with Leeks! This cod is lightly seasoned and braised in chicken broth, parsley, and carrots, making it both flavorful and healthy.
The cod is perfectly cooked and tender, making it a perfect meal for any night of the week. And because it’s light on both calories and fat, you can feel good about eating it too!
So, if you’re looking for an incredible braised cod recipe, look no further because our Braised Cod with Leeks is the perfect dish for any seafood lover.
The cod is cooked to perfection in a flavorful broth, and the leeks add the perfect amount of sweetness. This dish is perfect for a special occasion or a weeknight meal.
The mild, delicate flavor of cod is perfectly complemented by the savory sweetness of leeks in this elegant dish. Our cod is quickly seared to lock in its juices, then slow-braised with leeks and broth for a tantalizingly rich and satisfying meal.
So why not give our Braised Cod with Leeks a try tonight? You’ll be glad you did!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cup leeks split lengthwise, sliced thin, and rinsed well
- 3 carrots rinsed, peeled, and cut into thin sticks
- 4 red potatoes rinsed and sliced into ½-inch thick circles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 12 oz cod fillet cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat butter in a large sauté pan. Sear each cod filet for 3 minutes until golden brown on one side then remove from pan
- Add leeks and carrots, and cook gently for 3–5 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, parsley, and salt and pepper, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently until the vegetables are just tender about 10–12 minutes.
- Add cod fillets, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Continue cooking over low heat for an additional 5 minutes or until the fish is white and flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
- Serve each cod fillet with 1½ cups of broth and vegetables.