Move over, boring old chicken enchiladas! These Vegetable Chicken Enchiladas are packed with flavor and are sure to become a new family favorite.
Made with fresh vegetables, shredded chicken, and topped with flavorful monterey jack, these corn tortilla enchiladas are fulfilling and satisfying. Plus, they’re easy to make ahead of time and can be frozen for quick and easy meals.
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chicken breast fillet cooked and shredded
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 2 can tomato sauce 8-oz
- 8 corn tortillas 6-inch
- 2/3 cup monterey jack shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sauté onion for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper and zucchini; cook for 5 minutes more. Stir in chicken; set aside
- Meanwhile, combine enchilada sauce and tomato sauce in a small bowl; add ½ cup to vegetable and chicken mixture.
- Soften tortillas on the stovetop or in the microwave. Dip each tortilla in sauce and place equal amounts of vegetable and chicken mixture on one side. Roll up and place in a 13×9-inch baking pan. Pour remaining sauce over the top.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove cover and sprinkle cheese over top; bake for 5 minutes more. Serve while hot.