Are you in the mood for a warm, comforting meal? One that will make you feel like you’re being hugged from the inside out? Then you need to try our Chicken and Dumplings!
So, if you’re looking for something hearty and comforting, this dish is made with love in every bite.
Tender pieces of chicken are simmered in a delicious broth, then dumplings made from scratch are added to complete the perfect meal. You’ll be sure to warm up on a cold day with this hearty dish.
- 2.25 cup chicken broth
- 0.25 cup water
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 4.5 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cup chicken cooked and chopped
- 1.25 cup prepared baking mix
- 0.33 cup milk
- 1 egg
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth, water, onion, vegetables, chicken, and thyme.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place baking mix in a small bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons and stir into pot to thicken stew.
- Add milk and egg to remaining baking mix and stir with a fork to blend. Drop rounded tablespoons onto hot chicken mixture. Cook over low heat, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes more. Serve while hot.