Looking for a unique and delicious way to enjoy turkey? Try our BBQ Turkey in Pepper Shells! This fun and flavorful twist on classic barbeque turkey is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Our BBQ Turkey in Pepper Shells are made with lean turkey and fresh vegetables in a zesty barbecue sauce.
They’re perfect for a quick and easy meal any time of day. Simply pop them in the oven or grill and enjoy!
Need a side dish? Our BBQ Turkey in Pepper Shells also makes a great topping for salads or a delicious addition to your favorite wrap.
They’re low in calories and fat, so you can feel good about enjoying them guilt-free.
- 0.75 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5-oz
- 1 cup black beans
- 0.5 cup bbq sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 red bell pepper
- Brown ground turkey in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain excess fat.
- Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the whole bell peppers; simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, cut the whole bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place in a microwave-safe dish with a small amount of water
- Cover and microwave bell peppers on high until crisp-tender, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers from the dish and place on a large plate. Spoon turkey mixture into bell pepper shells and serve.