Move over, boring old chicken wraps! These Asian-Style Chicken Wraps are anything but ordinary. Packed with flavor, they’ll make your taste buds dance with delight.
Tender chicken breast is marinated in a tantalizing blend of sweet, savory, and spicy sauces, then wrapped in lettuce or try a soft tortilla. The result is a delicious and healthy meal that’s perfect for on-the-go or a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
These wraps are packed with the flavors of Asia that you crave, without all the fuss.
Lettuce Wraps you’ll love
Our chicken lettuce wrap recipe includes tender chicken marinated in a blend of spices and then sautéd to perfection. You’ll love the mix of crunchy veggies and zesty sauce in every bite.
These wraps are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. They are also portable, so you can take them on the go. And they’re healthy too!
- 1 jalapeno rinsed and split lengthwise— remove seeds and white membrane, and mince (about 1 Tbsp); for less spice, use green bell pepper
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 0.5 cup water
- 0.5 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 3 clove garlic
- 12 oz chicken breast fillet
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 red leaf lettuce
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 cup bok choy
- To prepare the sauce, add all ingredients (jalapeno, garlic, brown sugar, water, fish sauce, and lime juice) to a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, and let sit in hot saucepan for 3–5 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes or until cold.
- Prepare the chicken by heating oil in a large wok or sauté pan. Add ginger and garlic, and stir fry briefly until cooked but not brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add chicken, and continue to stir fry for 5–8 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil (optional), and sesame seeds (optional), and return to a boil. Remove from the heat, and cover with lid to hold warm in hot sauté pan.
- Assemble each wrap: Place one large red lettuce leaf on a plate, then add ½ cup chicken stir-fry, 1 basil leaf, and ¼ cup shredded cabbage and fold together. Serve two wraps with ¼ cup sauce.