Looking for a delicious and comforting chicken recipe? Look no further than our Chicken Fricassee with Mushrooms! This dish is packed with flavor, and the mushrooms add a lovely earthy richness.
The best part? It’s so easy to make.
This Chicken Fricassee Recipe with Mushrooms is a classic French dish that is perfect for a special occasion.
The chicken is simmered in a creamy sauce with mushrooms and onions, and served with potatoes. This dish is sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more.
Simply sauté the chicken and mushrooms in a pan, then add the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer. In no time at all, you’ll have a scrumptious meal that everyone will love. So go ahead and give it a try – we know you’ll be hooked!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz white button mushrooms rinsed and quartered
- 1 cup leeks sliced into small squares and rinsed
- 1 cup potato peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery rinsed an diced
- 1 cup onion peeled and diced
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb chicken thighs skinless
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized heavy-bottom roasting or braising pan (a large sauté pan with a metal handle will work as well).
- Add mushrooms to pan, and cook until golden brown, about 3–5 minutes. Add leeks, potatoes, celery, and pearl onions, and continue to cook until the vegetables become soft, about 3–5 additional minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the pan, and bring to a boil. Add chicken thighs to the pan, cover, and place in the heated oven for about 20 minutes or until the chicken thighs are tender when pierced with a fork (to a minimum internal temperature of 165 ºF).
- When chicken thighs are tender, remove thighs from the pan, return the pan to the stovetop, and bring the liquid to a boil. Add herbs and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, mix the cornstarch with the sour cream, and add to the pan. Bring back to a boil and then remove from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper, and pour 1 cup of vegetables and sauce over chicken.