What do you get when you combine the deliciousness of a burrito with the nutrient-rich goodness of black beans? The answer is our amazing Black Bean Burrito recipe!
Packed with fiber and protein, this burrito is perfect for anyone looking for a hearty, yet healthy, meal. And because it’s made with black beans, it’s also packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
Plus, this Black Bean Burrito Recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian friendly, making it perfect for those with allergies or sensitivities.
But don’t just take our word for it. Try our Black Bean Burrito today and taste the difference!
- 0.25 cup scallion rinsed and sliced into ¼-inch wide circles, including green tops
- 0.25 cup celery rinsed and finely diced
- 1.25 cup corn
- 0.5 avocado
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 cup black beans 15.5 oz, drained and rinsed
- 0.25 cup cheddar cheese
- 0.25 cup salsa
- 12 gluten free tortillas 9 – inch
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine scallions, celery, and corn in a small saucepan. Add just enough water to cover.
- Cover, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes, until vegetables soften. Drain vegetables. Set aside to cool.
- Combine avocado, cilantro, and beans in a large mixing bowl. Add cheese and salsa, and mix.
- When corn mixture has cooled slightly, add to the avocado mixture.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, warm each tortilla for about 15 seconds on each side. Place each tortilla on a flat surface. Spoon 1/3 cup of the mixture into the center of the tortilla. Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla over the filling. Fold in the sides to make a closed packet.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- When all tortillas are wrapped, continue heating in the oven 5 minutes, until all are warm and cheese is melted.