Quinoa rice pilaf with dried cherries and toasted pine nuts is your new go-to 30-minute meal suitable for any day of the week.
Whether you want a nutritious and hearty lunch or need something quick for dinner, this quinoa rice is perfect.
Quinoa is high in fiber while the cherries are rich in antioxidants, the pine nuts boost energy thanks to their iron content plus the addition of parsley adds an array of important nutrients including vitamins A and C.
The quinoa’s more prominent nutty flavor and richness lend a lot to the recipe.
Since red quinoa has a heavier texture than white, it is easy to cook it just right.
That nuttiness combined with the tartness of dried cherries is mouthwatering. Furthermore, taking the time to toast the pine nuts intensifies their buttery taste, and the bits of parsley throughout brightens the dish.
Serve this quinoa healthy rice right out of the pan or chill in the refrigerator for the following day. The choice is yours!
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 0.5 cup dried cherries
- 0.25 cup shelled pine nuts
- 0.5 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water to remove the bitter-tasting saponin from the exterior then drain.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the quinoa and garlic. Stir.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 12-15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the cherries.
- Cover then let stand for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pine nuts to a small dry pan in an even layer