What do you get when you take a delicious Tuscan bean soup and turn it into a bean salad? A flavor-packed, nutrient-rich dish that is perfect for any occasion! This recipe is easy to follow and yields a salad that is full of color, texture, and flavor.
Tuscan bean soup is a hearty, yet healthy dish that is perfect for a winter meal. The addition of greens and other vegetables transforms it into a light and refreshing bean salad that is perfect for summer.
This bean salad is a great source of protein and fiber, while the greens provide essential vitamins and minerals. This dish is also low in calories and fat, making it a healthy option for those watching their weight.
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 cup cherry tomato rinse and halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano minced
- 0.125 tsp ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 romaine leave rinsed and dried
- In a large salad bowl, combine beans and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, oregano, pepper, and salt-free seasoning blend. Using a wire whisk, beat the ingredients until they blend into one thick sauce at the point where the oil and vinegar no longer separate.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and tomatoes, and mix gently to coat.
- Line four salad bowls with one romaine lettuce leaf each.
- Top each leaf with one-fourth of the bean mixture, and serve.