Why Fat Thighs?
Best tips for meal preparation. Easier and quicker than ever before.
There is a lot of material that you can find online on how to lose thigh fat but truly making a mark requires only one thing; constant effort. Thigh fat is one of the most difficult fats to lose and to be able to get rid of it, you need to make a well planned and consistent effort. The fact that our body does not lose fat from specific regions also causes some hurdles but with the right treatment, you can make your body focus. We are sharing the complete list of variables on how to lose thigh fat that when implemented properly can help you reach your goal effectively and quickly!
Also Read: Ultimate Guide on How To Meal Plan
Making a concentrated effort on any part of your body will lead it to become toned and the same is the case for thighs as well. When you exert any specific part of your body, the muscles become stronger with every passing day and that results in fat reduction. Therefore, you need to focus on your leg muscles and do exercises that can get them going well.
– Squats: One of the best ways to work your leg muscles to lose thigh fat and get rid of fat legs is by performing squats. The number of different ways in which you can do squats is practically endless. Some of these exercises are advanced and meant for people who are already working out regularly. Others are designed to be easier and can be a good place for people who do not do workout regularly. For you to start turning your thick legs into things of beauty, start off with the most basic squat exercise.
Start off by opening your legs apart till they are about the same width apart as your shoulders. Keeping your back straight, lower your behind until you reach a 90-degree angle i.e. your thighs are parallel to the ground. At this position, you will feel noticeable stress on your thighs. Stay in this position for at least three seconds before you lift yourself back up.
To help you lose thigh fat more effectively, you can use an exercise ball for your aid. Place the ball behind your back and then do the squat. Not only will you be able to exert more pressure on your thigh, but you will also be able to support your back, even massage it from the movement. Make sure that squats are always added to your leg day workout for weight loss.
– Lunges: This exercise is also a great way to work your fat thighs effectively. What you need to do is grab some weights, preferably 5-8lb for newbies, and lunge one of your legs forward. At the same time, your other leg will go down and hold it in place above one inch over the ground. You mustn’t rest the leg on the ground or the pressure on your thighs will break. Hold the position for a couple of seconds and then stand back up. Repeat the process with the other leg as well.
One thing you need to make sure is that both your legs should be touching each other when you stand. You should feel your knees touching each other every time you stand back up. You can also do this exercise without weights in the beginning if you feel like you cannot do it with the weights.
– Side Squats: While the basic squat works on the top and bottom of your thigh, side squats help you lose the fat on the sides of your thick legs. In this exercise, you start by standing with your legs open just a little wider than your hips. In this position, you take one step sideways and bend that leg until your thigh becomes parallel to the ground. Make sure your toes remain pointing straight and don’t bend inward or outward. Your knee should also stay aligned with your ankle. Keep the leg bent for a couple of seconds then return to the original position. Repeat the whole process again with the other leg.
To make it more challenging, you can use a medicine ball. Hold your medicine ball in front of your chest with both your hands. Only use the medicine ball if you can hold the weight consistently in your hands without feeling the need to stop before the reps are complete.
Perform each of these exercises at least 10-15 times for each leg. The main feature of these exercises is that they require virtually no equipment to perform and can be done anywhere at any time. If you want to go a step further in losing thick legs, you can go to your gym and use the leg workout machines available there.
All the workout you do to lose thigh fat is bound to make you step and cause dehydration. It is important to make up for all the lost water by consuming sufficient amounts of water. Your daily consumption should at least be 64 ounces of water which is the recommended daily consumption for all adults. The recommended way of doing so is by using the 8×8 formula i.e. eight glasses of water, eight ounces each, consumed after short periods during the day. You may also want to add some additional quantity to this amount though to make up for the water you lose during the exercise.
Water consumption goes beyond just the replenishing of your lost reserves. It is also a great source to lose thigh fat. Water is needed by our body to do practically everything in our body! Research has shown that when you consume water, the immediate effect it provides is an increase in your metabolism level by a massive 30%! Add to that the fact that water is practically a major need to stay alive and you can see why it is a crucial part of this process too!
Our diet has a major impact on the way our body consumes our stored fat and the metabolism level it maintains. To lose fat legs you must also make sure that you are eating the right types of food in the right quantities. If you want to know how to get rid of thigh fat and do not maintain a proper diet, the question will become moot. We are all aware of the different categories of foods that you can eat and that giving each of these the correct portion is very important to meet your targets.
– Carbohydrates: Carbs form the biggest part of our daily food intake but did you know that they are also the biggest source of fat gain among all food types? Complex carbohydrates like starch provide your body with a lot of reducing sugars like glucose and fructose which are actively stored as fat by the body. Using whole foods like oats, unprocessed wheat and other grains like brown rice is the way to go for you. These whole ingredients have fewer quantities of starch and are also a source of fiber which is essential to losing thigh fat.
– Proteins: Any weight loss program will tell you to focus primarily on the consumption of proteins for your sustenance. While this may be correct, you cannot follow this advice blindly. Some proteins can lead to further accumulation of fats like red meats and anyone with fat thighs cannot afford to eat these proteins. Your focus should be on eating lean meats such as poultry and fish, which contain almost no fat at all. You can also eat things like nuts, beans, etc. which are also full of good proteins.
– Fruits and Veggies: These are your best friends in any sort of weight loss regimen. Whether you are asking how to slim thighs or any other part of the body, eating maximum fruits and vegetables is a must. While you can eat all the veggies you want, do not overdose on fruit because they still carry sugar which is also not good. We will talk more about that later.
– Fats: It is unwise to stop eating all kinds of fats as some are really good for you. Any types of monounsaturated fats or Omega 3 fats like the ones you find in fish provide great benefits to your body. They also help lower your cholesterol levels and you can also find them in things like olive oil, nuts, and many seed oils.
– Dairy: Most dairy products are good for you but make sure you are not using full cream products as they have a lot of fat in them as well. Use low-fat items and eat things like yogurt as it helps a lot in the digestion process. Diary is also a good source of calcium which is important to keep your bones strong. This, in turn, helps you retain strength when you are working out.
– Added Sugar: Probably the worst ingredient of all that you could have in your diet while you decide how to lose thigh fat is added sugar. Found in most sweet products and a lot of processed foods, it can make you gain fat very fast. Make sure you avoid sweets, sweetened beverages and any other items that contain added sugar. You could substitute it with honey but that too should be consumed in conservative quantities.
While you can easily manage your food intake by taking a close look at what you are eating, you can also opt for pre-planned diets. There are a lot of different diets that can help you with how to lose leg fat and there are a couple of them that deserve to be mentioned here:
– Low carb / Atkins diet: Also called the Atkins diet, this program is a great response to how to slim thighs. If you are looking for a pre-prepared diet plan to help you figure out how to get skinny legs then this might just be the thing for you. This diet focuses on reducing your carbohydrate intake by substituting it with some fats, but mostly proteins. However, it does not eliminate it completely since your body always needs glucose to function which comes from carbohydrates.
– Ketogenic diet: In theory, the keto diet is almost exactly the same as an Atkins diet in its process. It also focuses on consuming fats and proteins and reducing carbohydrate consumption. The main difference between the two however is that Atkins focuses on eating more proteins while keto focuses on eating more fats. The percentage of carbs in this diet is also lower than the Atkins diet.
– Intermittent Fasting: This is a relatively new concept that has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. It comprises of taking a break from consuming food for a major part of the day. You can either do it by staying on a fast for 16 hours and then eating during the remaining 8 hours or going on a full 24 hour fast. There is also a variation of this called water fasting which requires you to eat nothing for the whole day and only consuming water.
Create your customized meal plan on Nutiro that include all sort of good foods: https://nutiro.com/meal-plans/
Whether it is to reduce thick legs or reduce fat from any other part of the body, herbal tea is a great beverage to consume during any fat loss program. Herbal teas like green tea or matcha green tea are great for increasing the metabolism rate of your body. They are also packed full of antioxidants that help clean your body of toxins and promote better overall health. One thing you should keep in mind, however, is that these teas are often dehydrating, and you should drink more water to make up for the depletion they cause. If you want to make your efforts on how to lose thigh fat more productive then definitely bring herbal teas into your diet.
Having fat free legs is a dream for any man or woman and to gain toned body men and women both can count on this guide for meeting all their needs.