- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb cod filet
- 1 no onion peeled, chopped
- 2 Clove garlic peeled, minced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 0.5 cup water
- 2 cups spinach frozen, coarsely chopped
- 0.25 cup black olives
- Put the skillet on the stove over high heat. When it is hot, add 1½ teaspoons
- Add Cook for about 5 minutes per side, until deeply browned. Remove the fish to the plate and cover.
- Reheat the skillet to medium Add the remaining 1½ teaspoons oil, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes and water. Cook about 10 minutes, until the mixture thickens and turns from bright red to an orange color.
- Return fish to the skillet with the tomato Cover with spinach and sprinkle with olives. Cover skillet. Cook about 2 minutes over low heat until the spinach is steamed. Serve right away.
*Try this recipe with another white fish, such as tilapia, haddock, or catfish.
**Fresh tomatoes can be used instead of canned.