Looking for a delicious and easy weeknight meal? Try our Dress Up Bow Tie Pasta with Puttanesca sauce. This dish is packed with flavor, thanks to the zingy Puttanesca sauce made with tomatoes, olives, and capers.
This dish uses farfalle gluten-free pasta cooked al dente and the whole dish is finished with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Our Dress Up Bow Tie Pasta with Puttanesca sauce recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
Making this recipe with a gluten free farfalle bow tie pasta makes this a perfect meal for any pasta lover.
This is one of the easiest and tastiest bowtie pasta recipes you’ll make. This dish is sure to satisfy your hunger and leave you wanting more.
- 8 oz farfalle – whole grain brown rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 cup onion diced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 0.25 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes 35 oz coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 8 black olives each sliced lengthwise into 6 pieces
- 0.5 handful fresh parsley rinsed and dried
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add farfalle pasta, and cook according to package directions for the shortest recommended time, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, until onion begins to soften.
- Add garlic, cayenne pepper, and anchovy paste. Cook and stir another 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, capers, and olives. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Divide pasta among four dinner plates (about 1½ cups each). Spoon sauce over pasta. Garnish with parsley if desired.