Start your day with a burst of flavor with this delicious and easy-to-make Cheesy Tomato Omelet with Mozzarella.
Packed with protein and veggies, this omelet is the perfect way to fuel your body and start your day off right.
Tomatoes, onions, and garlic are sauteed and then combined with eggs, mozzarella cheese, and basil for a flavor-packed omelet that will leave you feeling satisfied all morning long.
This omelet is also great for dinner, so feel free to make it anytime you’re craving something hearty and tasty.
- 0.5 slice artisan bread
- 0.5 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 0.75 cup egg whites or egg substitute
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut the bread into cubes; toss with oil and garlic in a small bowl. Spread the cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown, tossing once or twice. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Spray a medium pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Pour in eggs.
- When the egg begins to set, spread evenly across the bottom of the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Once the top layer of egg is almost cooked, sprinkle the cheese and basil on top and scatter the tomatoes and bread over half of the omelet; fold the unfilled omelet half over the filling. Slide the omelet on a plate and serve.