Looking for a delicious and easy way to get your daily dose of veggies? Look no further than our Broccoli and Firm Tofu Recipe You’ll Love! This quick and healthy dish is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner or a casual lunch with friends.
Packed with nutrients and flavor, our broccoli and tofu fry will leave you feeling satisfied and content.
For this recipe, we used fresh broccoli florets and firm tofu that have been grilled. Then, they are tossed in soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, and ginger marinade.
The result is a mouthwatering dish that is bursting with flavor. Serve this broccoli and firm tofu recipe over a bed of rice or quinoa for a complete meal. Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, or a broccoli and tofu lover.
- 16 oz tofu firm, drained
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 0.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely chopped or shredded
- 1 lb broccoli rinsed and cut into individual spears
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 0.25 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Slice tofu into eight pieces. Place on a plate or flat surface covered with three paper towels. Top with four more paper towels. Top with another flat plate or cutting board. Press down evenly and gently to squeeze out moisture. Throw away paper towels. Replace with fresh paper towels and press again. (The more liquid you remove, the more sauce the tofu will absorb.)
- Place tofu in a bowl just big enough to hold all eight pieces lying on their widest side without overlapping.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, and ginger into a marinade, and stir thoroughly. Pour over tofu. Carefully turn the tofu several times to coat well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick sauté pan coated with cooking spray. Add broccoli and sauté for about 5 minutes, until it turns bright green and becomes tender and crispy. Remove broccoli from pan and set aside.
- Heat a grill pan or flat sauté pan over high heat. Drain tofu, reserving marinade. Place on grill pan to heat for about 3 minutes. Gently turn. Heat the second side for 3 minutes.
- At the same time, in the sauté pan over medium-low heat, warm the peanut oil, crushed red pepper, and garlic until the garlic softens and begins to turn brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add broccoli and reserved marinade, and gently mix until well-coated.
- Place two slices of tofu on each plate with one-quarter of the broccoli and marinade mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).